Thursday, February 21, 2013

Falling - A Short VN

Falling
An Adversity Competition Visual Novel

Rated: PG
.
Back in Sept of 2012, Papillion held a VN writing competition. The idea was to use One character sprite, a set of backgrounds, and a set of music to create a story of no more than 10,000 words.

This was the prompt:
You lived an unexceptional life, until one night you saw what appeared to be a falling star. Tracking it to its landing spot, you found a young woman lying on the ground. This girl is not human, but a spirit... the spirit of disaster!
This was my entry.

6 possible Endings

Download from MediaFire.
-- This is a folder. Click on file to download.
60 MB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The game contains 500 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 7,904 words,
for an average of 15.8 words per screen.
The game contains 5 menus.
Screenshots:

Since the use of the competition's sprite and the other assets were not allowed outside of the competition, the originals have been substituted for those I made. However, the two characters Don't Match in style. This is because I only had enough courage to make One semi-animated character, so please be gentle.

If you play it, I'd be very interested in your opinions.
-- Especially since I may never have the guts to make my own animated sprite again.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just played this and really liked it. I even like it that the sprites don't match, as it seems to highlight the fact that Destruction is otherworldly and her appearance is not entirely that of a real physical body.
    There are also other things I like, but I shall refrain from mentioning those for fear of spoiling it for others; please just consider yourself praised instead.

    ReplyDelete